What a game that was! Ok, I agree, it wasn’t the best performance by Liverpool considering how well they played against the “big teams” during the regular season. However, Cardiff, as I correctly predicted, were NO pushovers whatsoever. A pulsating final that kept me at the edge of my seat till the last penalty kick in the shootout. Whoever calls the Carling Cup tournament as a “Mickey Mouse Cup” are just retarded. Plain and simple. While Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Spurs fans are still waiting for silverware this season, lets recap the game where I saw Liverpool lift a trophy for the first time since I became a Liverpool fan.
- Cardiff were excellent. They worked so hard throughout the game. Fantastic workmanship spirit and team chemistry. I give them all the plaudits for such a brave performance.
- As expected, King Kenny put out all of his summer signings in the starting XI.
- Henderson was awful. We all know how much he hates playing on the right side of the midfield. In my opinion, Maxi should’ve started on the right with Henderson on the bench. But we won, who cares right?
- Suarez was decent, Carroll has to step up his game. I’m sorry, but I’m still not buying into our 35 Million pound striker just yet.
- Gerrard was really out of form today. His passing was decent, and his shots were awful to see the least. Not a kind of clutch performance you would expect from Captain Fantastic.
- When Kuyt came on, we all knew he would score, didnt we? Hes so clutch and works so hard its unbelievable. Also, with Bellamy, Downing, Suarez and Kuyt, Liverpool were so fast on counter attacks. It was great to see.
- Cardiff’s both goals were the result of teamwork. Liverpool should definitely take a leaf out of Cardiff’s book and imply it into the team.
- Adam’s Penalty apparently landed on the moon. But in all seriousness, what the hell was he thinking?
But at the end of the day, we won, and in two years, all we will be looking at is the Carling Cup trophy. A record eight time, Liverpool take the Carling Cup to Merseyside and come back from Wembeley as champions!
P.S: I became a Liverpool fan after they won the FA Cup and the epic strike from Gerrard to take the game into Extra time made me instantly fall in love with Liverpool FC. Who knew I would’ve had to wait 6 years to witness glory? It clearly was a hard test to check my loyalty for the team.
|Celebrations after the Penalty Shootout|
A Fantastic Day for Liverpool and another trophy is heading into the already overflowing cabinet. The first piece of Silverware for Six Years and hopefully, the start of a dynasty for King Kenny’s Liverpool Team!
|GET STUCK IN!!!!!!|
If a win against Manchester City wasnt sweet enough, Liverpool knocked Manchester United out of the FA Cup in the 4th round in a span of just 3 days to make my week even sweeter! And what a way to do it as well! I always hated seeing Liverpool play against United when the game is 0-0 or 1-1 because they always found a way to stab my heart, scoring in the dying minutes and seconds of the game. The likes of Scholes, Giggs, Solskjaer and Nistelrooy always pissed me off when Liverpool lost games that was looking like it was heading for a tie. And NOW FINALLY, we gave them a sucker punch in their same fashion and gave them a taste of their own medicine! What a way to finish up the week!
- Enrique was excellent again, especially in the first 20 minutes, was instrumental in setting up the first goal as he paved the way for the corner. But hes one player I have no complains about.
- King Kenny, PLAY DOWNING ON THE LEFT!!!!!
- Henderson was bright at sparks of the game, didnt cause any harm at all.
- Gerrard, well, is Steven Gerrard
- The goal Manchester United Scored was beautiful. Gotta give credit to the team i hate the most for creating a chance out of nowhere. Reina couldn’t have done much to stop the shot.
- Booing Evra was inevitable, but I really don’t get why everyone was scrutinizing him so much. He wasn’t the one responsible for handing Suarez an 8 match ban. He just lodged a complaint. If you really wanna blame somebody, blame the FA. I personally thought it was a harsh gesture.
- Besides, his mistake gifted us the winning goal 🙂
- The moment when Ferguson brought in Chicarito, I was feeling so nervous, as he manages to poach a goal out of nowhere. At that moment, I was just hoping for a FA Cup replay rather than a win.
- I cannot believe how Dirk Kuyt is like the clutch player that Liverpool has, who works his ass off but doesn’t pose as a threat whatsoever and then suddenly out of nowhere, he pops up with something special.
- And the crowd reacting at the Kuyt winner was spectacular.
|The celebration is great, but whats up with the Setanta Sports hoodie? lol|
So in one week, Liverpool singlehandedly knock out the two Manchester clubs out of 2 tournaments. The timing could not be better and the feeling cannot be any sweeter. Now the team faces a tough task to break into the top 4 of the premier league, but right now, I couldn’t care less about the premier league. The winning feeling against Manchester City and Manchester United United is too sweet to be overshadowed for now.
COME ON YOU REDS!
What a game it was yesterday! Liverpool clearly were the deserved winners after just completely tearing apart Manchester City for most of the first half, and then closing the business in the second half. The result: A trip to Wembley for the first time since 1996 (Liverpool played cup finals between 1996 and 2006 in the Cardiff Millennium stadium due to construction at Wembley) and a chance to lift a trophy for the first time since 2006. The opponents in the final are Cardiff City and therefore, Liverpool would be overwhelmingly the favorites. But that just means more pressure and therefore, the team has to be focused and not get carried away just because they’re facing a minnow team.
- Bellamy IS a steal! WHAT A GAME HE HAD! He is truly an underrated player who was sold from club to club just ruining his career by not keeping him in 1 team and helping him stabilize and put up consistent performances. He clearly was spectacular and his goal to win the semifinals for Liverpool was superb.
- I could watch King Kenny celebrate for Hours.
- Charlie Adam was sloppy when it can to his defensive work. But thats what you should probably expect from Charlie Adam. He was sublime in giving some fantastic Delivery to Gerrard, Kuyt and Henderson upfield.
- Although Agger should be blamed for the Dzeko Goal, he was practically unpenetrable for the whole game. Great defensive work by the entire back 4 in fact.
- The atmosphere in the ground was fantastic to hear. Its been a long time since it has been such a case in Anfield during a night game. Hopefully there is a lot more to come.
- Steven Gerrard is Steven Gerrard. What a player at the age of 31. Lets hope he still has a lot left in his tank.