2013 MLB Playoffs: Things to Look Forward to
I get way too excited when it is playoff time in baseball. The sport really captures the element of how postseason games should be like. The little margin for error, the intensity of the crowd, the unlikely heroes that rise during that time, David Freese Game Fucking 6 in 2011, Ranteria in 20.. no fuck that that gave me nightmares. How the fuck was Cliff Lee owned by Ranteria? Anyways, playoff baseball is awesome. And my Oakland A’s are in it for a second year straight. And face those goddamn tigers yet again. But the postseason is FUN regardless. Here are some things im looking forward to (and hoping it happens) in this years postseason:
- Verlander losing Game 1: Yes this is extremely biased. But man he singlehandely owned the A’s in Game 5 last year in the ALDS. Verlander hasn’t been as good as he was last year, buy hes still Justin Verlander. Now with the 1st game at o.co, and with the A’s having some regular season success against him, if the A’s beat Verlander, it will be a huge boost in the series.
- Yasiel Puigs Shenanigans: If he goes on a tear during the postseason, we will not hear the end of his amazing ability for a loooonng time. Then people will start talking about how hes just as good if not better than Mike Trout, Machado and Harper just to piss me off. If hes “clutch”, im gonna have to turn off ESPN and MLB Network for the next 20 years. Im sick of Puig-mania
- The Pittsburgh Pirates: I just love whats going on at PNC park. When your teams rotation consists of Gerrit Cole, AJ Burnett, Francisco Liriano and Jeff Locke, you know something special is brewing when you win more than 90 games with those guys. Cole is a stud but How the fuck is Liriano doing so well? But that team is going to be fun to watch.
- McCutchen in the Postseason: It could only be for 1 game if they lose the wild card game, but its about time McCutchen got a taste of Postseason baseball for the stud he is. He stayed with the team despite knowing he could land a FAT contract somewhere else. Its gonna be fun to watch.
- Kershaw-Grienke 1-2 Punch: I dont think I need to describe much here
- Bartolo Colon vs Prince Fielder
- “Momentum”: We will hear this word to no end. A team wins game 1, holy shit they have momentum now. They lose game 2, oh well now the other team has momentum now. There is no such thing as “momentum”. Its just one team playing better than the other on that day/night.
- Joe Buck: No FUCK THAT
- Belittling the A’s: They can go on to beat the Tigers 19-0 in game 5 and yet the story would be how bad the Tigers were rather than how good Oakland is. Yeah they’re just a fluky team with shit reject players. Whatevs
- Chris Johnson cussing out a Dodgers pitcher: He will pick beef with one of em for sure. If its Grienke, lets just hope he doesn’t break another collarbone.
- The Yankees: Oh wait, they’re not there. Praise the lord.
- Erin Andrews
Heres to another epic year of great postseason baseball. Lets just hope its not as boring as the world series last year.