Liverpool is Going to Wembley!
What a game it was yesterday! Liverpool clearly were the deserved winners after just completely tearing apart Manchester City for most of the first half, and then closing the business in the second half. The result: A trip to Wembley for the first time since 1996 (Liverpool played cup finals between 1996 and 2006 in the Cardiff Millennium stadium due to construction at Wembley) and a chance to lift a trophy for the first time since 2006. The opponents in the final are Cardiff City and therefore, Liverpool would be overwhelmingly the favorites. But that just means more pressure and therefore, the team has to be focused and not get carried away just because they’re facing a minnow team.
- Bellamy IS a steal! WHAT A GAME HE HAD! He is truly an underrated player who was sold from club to club just ruining his career by not keeping him in 1 team and helping him stabilize and put up consistent performances. He clearly was spectacular and his goal to win the semifinals for Liverpool was superb.
- I could watch King Kenny celebrate for Hours.
- Charlie Adam was sloppy when it can to his defensive work. But thats what you should probably expect from Charlie Adam. He was sublime in giving some fantastic Delivery to Gerrard, Kuyt and Henderson upfield.
- Although Agger should be blamed for the Dzeko Goal, he was practically unpenetrable for the whole game. Great defensive work by the entire back 4 in fact.
- The atmosphere in the ground was fantastic to hear. Its been a long time since it has been such a case in Anfield during a night game. Hopefully there is a lot more to come.
- Steven Gerrard is Steven Gerrard. What a player at the age of 31. Lets hope he still has a lot left in his tank.